It's been a while and I am really going to blog. Usually I come on and tell you about my new e-books that were published, but today I am coming to share my thoughts.
A lot of us authors ask the question do you have any suggestions for promoting your book when we have exhausted all the ways we know how. We did them all yet, we know there are more avenues to get your book out there. You know your audience, you e-mail all your friends and family, you sent out flyers to your e-mail mailing list. You updated your blog and website, and all the pages you have. You know all the ones you don't get to update because you have so many you can't remember your password.
Is there a special place or list to follow to get your book out there? Do you have great marketing skills? Maybe you don't have great marketing skills. What do you do?
We all know most of the responsibility for promoting a book is on the author. Publishers do their part but you have to work just as hard. So that means you can't drop the ball and take a rest. You have to push that book in every way you can. Now I will share some of the things I know and maybe they will be helpful. I might be giving you information you all ready know. Some of them I have tried and some I haven't. If you have any suggestions leave them in the comments. We will call this Authors helping Authors.
1. Get a blog and join blogs.
2. Make flyers of your books and email them out and if possible make copies and put them in places such as bulletin boards, etc.
3. Join websites, like authorsden.com, myspace, facebook, Apoo, etc
4. Join communities of your writing genre, such as romance, paranormal or whatever genre you write.
5. Try to send to websites that are offering to review books so you can get reviews or interviews to add to your website and other web pages you have.
6. Ask friends and family to leave reviews, and ask them to pass the word because word of mouth is still a great thing.
7. Make sure to keep your blog, websites and other web pages you have updated.
8.Have a virtual blog tour.
Well that's it for the time being. So until next time.