Saturday, September 20, 2008

KARMA new ebook ready for download

Here is my new ebook Karma. Download your copy today for $1.95 from http://www.ladyleopublishing.org/



KARMA-Byata Simpson is self-centered, an all about the bling. She is on the prowl for a man to take care of every material need. Her latest boy-toy, Sean, isn’t making it happen, and is rudely dismissed. But Byata; will learn the hard way that it isn’t all about her, when her self-destructive behavior and wicked motives back fire on her.

Excerpt:

I have that thing; whatever the ingredients is for the IT Factor I have it. Exotic beauty, luxurious locks, a sexy svelte body, 6 feet in heels and a catwalk swagger men notice from a distance. It’s all about me so please keep on stepping if it’s not. I have no time for haters. So here’s my story straight up no chaser.

Unintentionally I struck a pose waiting outside of a mom and pops café. A place I considered raggedy and beneath my standards. I was all about the bling, fancy cars, designer clothes, the lifestyle of the rich and famous but on a smaller scale, AND looking for a man to take care of me. No scrubs allowed! The only reason I came here is because one of my boy toys: Sean, told me he had a gift for me. If it weren’t for that, I wouldn’t have given this place a second look; never mind being seen by someone I knew standing in front of it.

My patience started to shot circuit. I kept glancing at my watch. I cut and rolled my eyes at the people passing by me because they were gawking and I was not in the mood for the attention. I was irritated. Byata waits for no one, so he would hear my mouth as soon as he showed up.

“Hey baby,” said Sean sneaking up behind me.

I swung around,” You’re late!”

“Calm down it’s what two minutes,” Said Sean leaning in for a kiss.

I rudely palmed his face and pushed his head back, “My time is valuable Sean, and you said twelve o’clock.”

“Will you chill out? Don’t put your hands in my face.”

“Don’t tell me what to do,” I said mean grilling him, “I wait for no one.”

“Byata could you please stop creating a scene let’s just go inside,” Pleaded Sean, “People are staring at us.”

“I don’t give a damn about these people. They stare at me all the time.”

“All right, can we just go inside?” he asked holding open the door for me.

“I never told you I was going inside. I told you I would meet you here to get my gift,” I said through clenched teeth. I waited while Sean stared at me. I guess he was lost for words. I could tell I was getting on his nerves but I didn’t care.

Sean sighed, “Byata they really have great food here.”

“I can’t believe you would bring me to a place like this,” I said standing in the doorway blocking customers who kept saying excuse me only to have me peer down on them giving them the evil eye.

Sean continued to apologize for my rudeness as he moved around letting the people inside the café.

I ignored their name calling because to me they were just small-minded people. If they were angry, it’s because they couldn’t get in this raggedy ass place. Most women hated me anyways and if I didn’t talk to a guy he hated on me too. I’ve grown accustomed to their insults and all that other yang, yang.

“Could you come in? If you don’t want anything on the menu we can go somewhere else,” Sean suggested.

“This is the last time you can ever invite me to some little roach diner. I like high class restaurants and I’m not going to tell you again.” I told him still ignoring the remarks from the onlookers who kept telling Sean to kick me to the curb. I followed him to a table at the back. I grabbed some napkins from the napkin holder and wiped off the seat, “This is a five hundred dollar dress,” I said sitting down.





1 comment:

Rae Winters said...

Do onto others as you would have others do onto you. Byata Simpson is a materialistic kind of woman. She uses men as "boy toys" for what they can give her, but when she is given a taste of her own medicine. She will find out “you can’t treat people like shit!”
“Karma,” is a hip, fast pace read that kept me clicking to the next page. Her characters are fascinating, and there’s always a hidden message within Ms. Blount’s stories. Once again she amazes me with her writing style, and I eagerly await her next e-book.
Rae Winters