Friday, April 24, 2009

A Simple Song-My new e-book ready for download


A Simple Song by Letitia P. Blount
Download your copy now for $1.95 http://www.ladyleopublishing.org/
Blurb:
Jaeda Pontes has been there, done that when it comes to dealing with her husband Derrick's infidelity issues. To cope, she develops the habit of marrying songs to Derrick's indiscretions which only aids in bringing back the memories she doesn't want to deal with. After Derrick's latest creep, Jaeda has a hard time forgiving him and wonders if she ever can, but an expected surprise forces her to make a major decision. Will she make the right one for all involved? It took a simple song to mark the painful event in Jaeda's life. Will it take a simple song to save or end her marriage?
Excerpt:
The lapse of conversation continued until we arrived in front of our house. Before Derrick could get out of the car to open the door for me, I got out and ran up the stairs. It slowly dawned on me that I hadn’t brought my keys. I stood there with a vicious attitude, waiting for Derrick to open the door.Derrick walked up the stairs with a smirk on his face. “See, fast ass, you are always in a rush,” he said. I rolled my eyes and sucked my teeth.

I pushed past him, removed my coat, and threw it on the coat rack next to the front door. It toppled over to the floor.
I ran upstairs and slammed the bedroom door, then lay on the flowered comforter as my tears soaked my cheeks and my pillow. I kicked my heavy black boots off my feet. They thumped on the floor. Grabbing my pillow, I put it over my face and screamed into it.
How could I make him understand? He hadn’t experienced the crushing feelings of deceit, the loss of trust, and the thoughts of someone making love or having sex with someone you love with every part of your being. How the oath of marriage is destroyed because the person I love didn’t care enough about me to think if I were to find out how it would devastate me. It pulled the rug from underneath my whole existence. The foundation dwindled right before my eyes. How can I put it into words so he can understand the damage he has created inside me?

No comments: